It’s hard for me to wrap my head around that I am 31. I have no problem with being in my thirties, I guess I just imagined my life to look a little different at this point. Mentally I feel like I’m in my early 20’s and I think this is why I feel so unprepared to be this age. I thought by now I’d have everything together, because when I was younger people in their 30’s were old and real adults haha. I’m learning that life doesn’t progress the way you always envisioned it too and that can be fine as well. So in honor of my thirty-first birthday I thought it would be fun to give you 31 facts about me!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of these links I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you!
1. I am a Connecticut native. I was born and raised here and have lived here my entire life, except when I attended grad school in Massachusetts for 4 years. Even then I was only a 30 minute drive from my parent’s house.
2. The beach is my favorite place to be. It makes me so happy to live just a few short miles from the beach and I spend as much time there as I can in the summer.
3. I am very myopic (near-sighted). I got my first pair of glasses in the 1st grade and started wearing contacts at age 8. My prescription for glasses is -10.75 and -11.00 and I’ve only ever encountered 4 people in the 9 years I’ve been in eyecare that have a higher Rx than me.
4. This brings me to my next fact, I’m an eye doctor. I graduated from MCPHS University’s School of Optometry in the inaugural class on 2016 and have been in private practice ever since.
5. I am a huge animal lover and am a dog mom to Dwayne the borderdoodle!
6. I once had a cat that lived to be 20 years old. She probably would have lived even longer, but she was killed by a fox :/
7. I have the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know. In college/grad school I would buy big bags of skittles and starbursts and eat the entire thing in one study session.
8. My wisdom teeth didn’t show up until I was in my 20’s. A tooth started poking through my gums and I had to have 2 wisdom teeth removed at age 27.
9. I am extremely introverted!! I thrived during lockdown because I didn’t have to leave my house other than to get groceries. I also realize that it can be painful to carry a conversation with me because I am so awkward.
10. My Meyers-Briggs personality type is INTJ
11. I had braces for almost 2 years in middle school. I didn’t wear my retainers in college and my teeth have shifted back so I’m looking at Invisalign in the future.
12. I am deathly afraid of spiders. Doesn’t matter the size, the sight of one puts me in a panick.
13. I love Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I’ve read all the books and seen all the films multiple times.
14. My favorite color is pink. As a kid I used to hate pink but that all changed in high school.
15. I am the oldest of 4 siblings and the only girl.
16. I have some OCD tendencies. I like things done a certain way and to be in a certain place and when that doesn’t occur I get super anxious.
17. I played basketball from 2nd grade to my freshman year of high school despite being a terrible player.
18. I also played field hockey and ran track. My events were the 100 hurdles, 100 dash, 200 dash, and long jump.
19. I was a captain for every team I’ve played on.
20. I used to be a very good long distance runner but now I can’t stand it.
21. My parent’s owned a pizza restaurant when I was in high school and I ate pizza 3-5 days a week for over 5 years.
22. Pizza is my absolute favorite food!
23. I hate beer but love going to breweries. I also insist on trying every beer my friends get even though I know I’ll hate it.
24. I’ve traveled to 9 countries including, the Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Martin, Mexico, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, and Colombia. Spain was my favorite place because of sangria and tapas haha.
25. Up until kindergarten I refused to wear anything other than dresses, even in the winter. I then refused to wear dresses until high school.
26. I am really, really good at Kan Jam. They call me the slot queen for a reason ha!
27. I am obsessed with anything from the 1500’s through the 1800’s, in regards to royalty and high society. Bridgerton has quickly become a favorite show of mine because of the time period.
28. I swear like a sailor. If I’m at work, with people I don’t know super well, or out in public I keep it pretty clean though.
29. When I was younger I wanted to be an astronomer and had my bedroom all decked out in moons and stars. I’m still super into the moon and how the different phases affect us.
30. I love to organize and keep things tidy, but I also can go days or weeks with things being out of place and messy without it bothering me.
31. I am highly competitive. If you’ve ever played a game of Mario Kart against me, you’ve seen this side of me come out in force haha.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. I’m going to do my best to make 31 the best year I’ve had yet! Check out this post for Valentine’s Day outfits. Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter down below to receive exclusive content!